The Blau-Weiss Tennis Group was founded on August 20, 1976. Tennis enthusiasts and members of the Donauschwaben wanted to get together on a regular basis to play the game they enjoyed. The two courts were completed at Lenau Park on May 29, 1977. The focus is on camaraderie and having family fun.
Leagues can vary from year to year based on membership; we currently offer:
- Men’s doubles league on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings
- Women’s doubles league on Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- Mixed doubles on Friday evening
- Introductory tennis instructions for Children ages 5-13 on Monday evenings
- Permanent court time is available as well.
League play begins at the end of May and lasts through the beginning of September.
There is one general meeting to start off the year. It is usually held on the first Tuesday of April at Lenau Park. Focus is on the election of officers and planning and organizing the upcoming Season, including leagues, tournaments, events, and court maintenance. Additional meetings are at the discretion of the officers.
Membership is $50.00 per year for playing members. This entitles you to play in as many leagues as you care to join. Non-playing membership is $10.00 per person aged 18 or older. This entitles you to participate as a substitute player for leagues and in any other Group event. There is a separate fee for the Children’s Lessons, usually $10.00 per child. Members are strongly encouraged to volunteer as needed for House and Tennis Group functions.
Phone: 440-734-3676 (H) or 440-666-1191 (C)
- President: John Szeltner
- Vice-President: Richard Hart
- Treasurer: Robert Faile
- Maintenance Chairperson: George Szeltner
- Media and Communications Secretary: Stephen Pfriem